NPAS Mission and Priorities
Priority One: We will maximise the safe and efficient use of our resources by:
- developing an effective safety management system and just culture at the centre of service delivery;
- having an appropriately trained, skilled, knowledgeable and motivated workforce;
- developing a procurement strategy that helps deliver harmonisation and best value;
- improving the initial implementation of NPAS under a lead force model.
Priority Two: We will assist forces to deliver their police and crime plan by:
- providing effective management information that informs strategic decision making;
- promoting the work and benefits of NPAS;
- working with forces to ensure air support is available;
- Providing effective systems and processes that maximise aircraft availability.
Priority Three: We will support the response to national threat risk and harm by:
- establishing an effective tasking and coordination process;
- developing police capacity and capability to respond to evolving threats using air assets;
- developing an effective performance management process in line with force requirements;
- Marketing and education of NPAS capabilities.
Priority Four: We will develop public confidence in NPAS by:
- Seeking opportunities to engage with the public
- Work in partnership with local communities where our assets are located
- Ensuring we are seen as an exemplar of choice with the Aviation Sector
- Developing a world class policing operation from the air that is the benchmark for others
Priority Five: We will continually improve and develop the service by:
- continuously reviewing the user requirement to ensure it is fit for purpose and meets the needs of our users;
- seeking opportunities to identify efficiencies;
- seeking to develop partnerships with other organisations;
- evidence based best-practice;
- exploring alternative delivery models;
- Harnessing innovation in the aviation sector for the benefit of policing.